Dr. Yu-Ling Lee is Director of the Master of Arts in Educational Studies in Inclusive Education (MAES-IE). His administrative leadership and scholarship spans multiple committees within TWU and across several units within the School of Education. He teaches at both the undergraduate and graduate level, inviting students to collaborate in pedagogical projects. His research focuses on the relationship between education, media, technology, and theology. In particular, he is exploring ways that education can be enacted through digital media such as podcasts and YouTube.
For more information, go to https://yulinglee.com/
- PhD (UBC, 2017)
- ThM (Regent College, 2011)
- MDiv (Tyndale University, 2008)
- BMath (University of Waterloo, 2004)
Education Technology (design, making, ethics, values), Educational Media (podcasts, YouTube, social media), Curriculum Studies (theory, philosophy, history), Theology and Cultural Studies (spirituality in education, technology and spirituality), Research methodologies (mixed methods, ethnographic, design-based research, actor-network theory)
Selected research projects
- 2023-2025 A group of kindergarteners’ psycho-motor skills in relation to early numeracy development: A cross-sectional study in BC.
- L. Ragpot (principal investigator), Y. Lee (Co-investigator). Funder: SSHRC Explore Grant, $6794.
- 2022-2024. Preservice teachers and podcasts: translating agency into communities of inquiry.
- Y. Lee (principal investigator), N. P. Lui. Funder: SSHRC Explore Grant, $6,863.
- EDUC 211 Psychological Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 222 Principles of Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 233 Foundations of Education
- EDUC 373 Media and Technology in Education
- EDUC 495 Critical Issues in Education
- EDUC 504 Evaluating Statistics and Research
- EDUC 513 Current Issues and the Exceptional Child