On-campus employment is a great way to gain work experience and earn money towards the cost of your education. Every year hundreds of students take part in on-campus employment.
- Create your resume and cover letter. Resume is required and Cover Letter is recommended!
- Click on the website here to view all current openings.
- Apply to the jobs you are interested in with your resume and cover letter.
- Get ready to connect with Hiring Managers. They will reach out to you, but don’t be discouraged if you don’t get a response right away. It can take up to a few weeks for Managers to review all of the applications.
ELEVATE YOUR RESUME PROFILE
Do you already have a resume, but want to take it to the next level to make sure you get noticed by employers in your desired career field?
The Centre for Calling and Career Development invites you to sign-up for a Jobscan account. Jobscan is an online keyword analysis tool that supports an individual on how to optimize their resume for specific job postings and beat the Application Tracking System usually embedded in the online application process. Click on the Guide to learn more.
If you decide you want a premium account after trying the platform, request an upgrade by emailing email@example.com.
You will be paid on the 15th and last day of every month (if one of the pay dates falls on a weekend, then you will be paid out on the Friday prior). The table below outlines the payroll schedule for hourly employees:
|3rd-18th of current month||Pay day is on the last day of the month|
|19th of the previous month - 2nd of current month||Pay day is on the 15th of the month|
In order for you to receive payment, you will need to input your hours before the 4th and 20th of every month if you are an hourly employee. This will give your supervisor enough time to review and approve your timecard before our payroll deadlines.
*Please note: due to February being a short month, you will need to input your hours by the last day of the pay period (18th).
For all inquiries regarding Student Employment, please contact the Human Resource Coordinator, Justine Leedam at Justine.Leedam@twu.ca
- Fill Tax Forms (Canadian SIN Number Needed)
- Bring in Direct Deposit Form (Canadian Bank Account Needed)
- Study Permit (If applicable)
- Financial Aid Eligibility (Should of Received Email from Financial Aid or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Resume (Cover Letter Not Required but Recommended)