The following policies apply to all TWU awards unless a specific exemption is made. Individual awards may also have additional terms and conditions.
- Students must apply each year to determine eligibility for their TWU awards. TWU awards cannot be deferred from one year to the next.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 semester hours in each of the fall and spring semesters. Awards will be removed if these requirements are not met.
Note: Students with a documented permanent disability who require a lighter course load, or students entering their final year and/or transfer students who do not have enough courses to meet the minimum semester hour requirement can submit an appeal. Contact the Financial Aid Office before the add/drop date to submit an appeal.
- Students must achieve a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA to be eligible for award funding. Awards will be removed if these requirements are not met.
- TWU awards are subject to change based on the cumulative GPA at the conclusion of the spring semester.
- TWU awards are divided 50% for the fall semester and 50% for the spring semester. TWU awards are not available for the summer semester.
- The amount of TWU awards a student receives cannot exceed the cost of tuition.
- Torch Scholarship recipients are not eligible for further TWU awards.
- Students on behavioral probation are not eligible for institutional awards.
- Students may make an appeal to the University Awards Committee regarding any of the award policies if there are extenuating circumstances. Students must contact the Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility for an appeal.