Feature Card Small
- 1960 – 1983 Teacher and Principal at Christian Schools and Public Schools in Guelph, Toronto, Hamilton, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray.
- 1984 – 1990 A “break” from education, learned a new trade and established a small music business.
- 1991 – 1994 Enrolled in PhD program at Washington State University. Specializations: Reformation History, Cultural Anthropology, Community Studies, Educational Leadership.
- 1994 – 2002 Superintendent at Mount Vernon Christian School, Mt. Vernon, WA
- 2002 – Present Part-time Instructor and Advisor, Trinity Western University, MA Leadership & MA Educational Leadership
Research & Scholarship
- Ph.D. Educational Leadership (Washington State 1994)
- M.Ed. (Toronto 1970)
- B.A. English and History (Queen's 1968)
- Elementary and Secondary Teacher Certification (Hamilton Teachers College 1959-1960)
Building School Communities: An Ethnographic Study of Educational Leaders, Classroom Covenants, and Community Ceremonies (Unpublished Dissertation 1994)
- Community Studies
- Christian School Curriculum
- Servant Leadership
- Philosophy of Education