Serve and grow in worship at TWU
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Whether you love to play music, design graphics, mix sound, or organize events, there are lots of opportunities for you to invest in our life of worship as a TWU community. As a participant within a Prayer, Arts, & Worship Ministries team, you will be supported and encouraged by a leadership team who is passionate about worship and invested in your growth as a Christ-follower and a servant leader.
CHAPEL & SUNDAY NIGHT ALIVE WORSHIP TEAMS
Chapel occurs every weekday from 11-11:30 AM during the academic year. SNA (Sunday Night Alive) occurs six Sundays every semester from 8-9 PM. Whether you sing, or play bass guitar, cello, drum kit, synths, or saxophone, we want to hear from you! Being involved on a Chapel or SNA team is a great way to hone your musicianship, grow in your experience of worship in its many forms, receive teaching on worship theology, and experience rich community with your peers.
WHAT'S THE TIME COMMITMENT?
The time commitment varies from week to week (i.e. it's distributed differently) depending on whether you're on a Chapel or Sunday Night Alive team, but students should expect to invest 8 hours/week on average to participate on any TWU worship team. Just remember three, two, one!
- Three hours of personal practice per week: scheduled by you on your own time for the purpose of honing your craft, practicing your parts, and learning new repertoire.
- Two hours of team rehearsal per week: scheduled around team members’ schedules for the purpose of creating compelling arrangements and strengthening musical cohesiveness.
- One hour of team time per week: scheduled around team members’ schedules and designed to help your team grow together.
- For SNA specifically: SNA takes place six times per semester (approx. bi-weekly) from 8-9 PM. There is one SNA worship team. So, in addition to the above weekly commitments, each SNA event represents a 5-hour commitment (from 5-10 PM).
- For Chapel specifically: Chapel takes place every weekday, Monday to Friday, during the school year from 11-11:30 AM. There are three Chapel worship teams that operate on a one on, two off rotation. So, in addition to the above weekly commitments, each team's chapel week represents an additional 5-8 hour commitment (from 10-11:45 AM Monday to Friday on the weeks your team is leading worship in song).
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Providing leadership for worship in song is vital for the life of any Christian community. We believe that God-honouring and effective leadership in all areas flows out of the life each team member lives before God and others. That's why we're looking for worshipers who...
- Model active faith in Jesus: Are you a committed follower of Jesus Christ who pursues a consistent and growing relationship with Him as your Saviour?
- Pursue musical excellence: Are you dedicated to producing the best possible musical and artistic material as an aid to community worship? Are you creative, collaborative, and committed to regular practice of your instrument?
- Own the vision: Are you passionate about and committed to worship that is Trinitarian, Gospel-Centered, Formational, and Communal?
- Serve sacrificially: Are you eager to generously offer your talents and your time as an expression of love for God and others?
- Prioritize Chapel & SNA events: Are you committed to frequent and consistent participation in our scheduled worship and training events?