Transfer FAQ's

Is there Financial Aid available for transfer students?

Yes! Transfer students can qualify for Academic Scholarships. Canadian and US transfer students can also qualify for Need-Based Awards by filling out our Financial Aid application (Canadian students) or by submitting the Federal Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) and listing TWU as a school to receive your FAFSA info (US students). Student Loans are also available to transfer students.

Is there on-campus housing available for transfer students?

Yes. Dorm-style housing is available for transfer students. Take a look at our housing options!

Do I have to live on campus?

TWU students are required to live on campus for their first two years, unless they are living with their immediate family or spouse, are 21, or have at least 57 credits completed.

How do I know if the classes I’m currently taking will transfer?

If you’re signing up for classes at your current institution, check with our admissions team first to see what your best options might be. If you are currently studying in B.C., you can check the BC Transfer Guide. Please note, this is only a guide and does not guarantee transfer. It is not an exhaustive list, so your courses may still transfer into TWU if you are studying at an accredited institution. Please contact our admissions team with any questions.

How do I know if my completed credits will transfer?

Once you apply to TWU and submit your transcripts, we will conduct a transfer credit evaluation to let you know how your credits are transferring in. Please note: you must submit a course syllabus if (a) we have never evaluated the course before, (b) our evaluation is more than five years old, or (c) you took the course more than five years ago.


Transfer credit is awarded up to a maximum of 75 semester hours for all acceptable courses with a passing grade from various accredited universities and community colleges. Various individual transfer credit maximums and restrictions for accredited Bible colleges/institutes of technology and applied arts are detailed in the Transfer Students section of your Academic Calendar.

Where should I send my transcripts?

You can send transcripts to the TWU Admissions Office at 22500 University Dr., Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1. They must be sent directly from your previous post-secondary institution to be considered official.

Will my GPA carry over to TWU?

Your transfer GPA will be used to determine your Academic Scholarship, but your transfer credit grades will not be included in your TWU GPA.

Are there jobs on campus available for transfer students?

Yes, transfer students can work on campus at TWU.

Are there student leadership positions available for transfer students?

There are a few student leadership positions left open for new students in the fall. The TWU Student Council (TWUSA) has two open positions each fall that transfer students can apply for. The student-led chapel worship teams often accept new students in the fall as well. If you have a specific position in mind, talk to our admissions team.

What are the core requirements for transfer students?

For most transfer students, the core requirements remain the same. If you are transferring in 57 or more credits, you may have modified core requirements.

Will I have an Academic Advisor at TWU?

All TWU students have a faculty advisor. Typically, your faculty advisor is a member of the department you are majoring in.

Can I transfer into the TWU Nursing program?

The TWU Nursing program does accept transfer students. If you’re considering Nursing, please contact our admissions team. The application deadline for Nursing is February 28. Transfer students will need to submit an application, high school transcripts, post-secondary transcripts, a Nursing application and Nursing reference.

Can transfer students attend TWU’s Laurentian Leadership Centre in Ottawa?

Transfer students can attend the LLC in Ottawa. Students need a prerequisite TWU course and two academic references, so it is likely that you wouldn’t be able to attend until at least your second year at TWU and third or fourth year in terms of credits. Find out more at

Can I visit the campus?

You can visit campus or schedule a virtual visit to get a taste of student life, meet current students and professors, and learn more about admissions and financial aid