Do you love the thought of travelling or working abroad and conversing with locals?
Studying World Languages and Cultures will change the way you see the world and open up new avenues of communication As a part of our Department of World Languages and Cultures, you are able to choose from a variety of languages to learn: French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. Our language classes combine oral and written work with the study of culture, including literature at the more advanced levels. You will receive a unique blend of literature, culture, and an exceptional amount of speaking practice for the language of your interest. Our goal is to provide you with proficiency in the basic skills of reading, writing, speaking, and listening with comprehension.
Our World Languages & Cultures Programs Offers:
- A major in World Languages and Cultures leading to a BA degree
- A concentrations in Spanish, French languages and literature, or French language
- A minor in Chinese, Spanish, French languages and literature, or French language
- Courses in Chinese, Japanese, and Russian
DegreesBachelor of Arts (BA), Minor, Concentration
Careers in World Languages & Cultures
Students with a background in World Languages and Cultures can find careers in:
- Mission workers
- International Business
- Public relations
- International and government organizations
- Teaching English as a second language