If you are a person who has been impacted by sexual violence there are both academic and non-academic supports available to you.
Academic support and accommodations can be arranged by meeting with a Contact Person. Possible academic accommodations may include:
- Extensions for assignments;
- Late course changes, including withdrawal;
- Others, depending upon circumstances.
A Contact Person can also help you sort through options for non-academic support, including housing changes, for example
Other support on campus
TWU Wellness Centre (medical and counselling): located on the 2nd floor of Douglas Centre
Off campus supports:
- Victim link BC: Offers immediate crisis support, information and referral services in more than 110 languages by calling their 24-hr crisis line 1-800-563-0808.
- Langley RCMP Victim Services: 604.532.3214
- S.M.A.R.T. (Surrey Mobile Assault Response Team):
- Women Against Violence Against Women:
- 604.255.6344 (24 hr crisis line)
- BC Society for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse:
- Ishtar Transition Housing: